Monday, March 17, 2014

Nice Browns in Porcupine Reservoir!

I went to college at Utah State University in Logan, Utah.  I admit that I was just a little nerdy and studied too much as I worked to achieve a dual major in Biology and Public Health.  However, I still had my priorities to keep the insane stress of school in check... I fished whenever I could! We fished all over the Cache Valley from the Logan River to the Blacksmith Fork to Newton Res.  One of my favorites was Porcupine Reservoir. On this particular day we hit it just as the ice was thick enough to walk on. Slightly scary, yes, but worth the risk!   Don't tell my wife but we had to jump over a few feet of open water along the edges to get to where we wanted to fish.  I know... I know... I am a safety professional and I take some chances on the ice now and again. However, I make sure I take the proper precautions while I'm out there.

This day was just perfect: clear skies, fresh snow, strong clear ice, and good company.  I was fishing with Cody Anderson who is usually pretty busy pouring concrete with Cadillac Concrete in Cache Valley but now and again I convince him to bust out his fishing gear.  We fished near the dam in about 20 feet of water with small green and black jigs right off the bottom. We caught these two fish great fish.  The thinner of the two was actually 21 inches long and the heavier fish was 24 inches.  Strong, feisty fish that put up a good fight! 



No comments:

Post a Comment