Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Jealousy and Sibling Rivalry

Tony and Tom Redmon
This is a hole Tony and I fished in just a few days before...
There is only one thing that distracts me more at work than knowing my two little brothers and my dad are fishing. That is having them send text messages to me all day and knowing they are catching lots of big fish! Not to mention that they borrowed two of my rods and my fish finder...

The phrase "the early bird catches the worm" doesn't mean a thing to these three.
Tony Redmon
This bunch of fisherman is the kind to sleep in, take their time, and refuse to fish all day.  Usually I criticize that kind of behavior but now and again they prove all my theories dead wrong.  This morning, to their credit, they actually did get up somewhat early but they got caught in a white out blizzard. When they arrived at the lake they were unable to find the holes Tony and I fished in just two days before due to the poor visibility and not to mention we didn't mark the spot with a GPS.  After wondering around for quite sometime, the sun finally broke through long enough for them to find the holes.

As soon as they got their jigs to the bottom they started laying into the fish.  Within a short time they had a double hook up.  A short time after that, they hooked up another double!  My youngest brother, Taylor didn't even have much time to fish as he was running back and forth between Tony and Dad helping them land fish.  All in all they had a great day with catching around 10 fish. A few were over the 20 lb range and a couple dipped into the 30's. Man I wish I could have been there!   
Tom Redmon





 The following day I actually took the day off work and went with Dad back out to this same area.  To see what we caught that day click here... it was one of the best days of fishing at Flaming Gorge I have ever had... I would say that for all the jealousy I felt while they were fishing, that day made it all better.
Taylor Redmon

No comments:

Post a Comment